Homemade Veggie Burger Patty Melts with Oven Fries
The third chapter of the Risotto Evolution.
So far we have Vegetable Risotto—>Stuffed Peppers—>
Homemade Veggie Patty Melts!
The biggest problem with these was the moisture. I baked them for a loooong time. You might want to drain the mixture first or saute it for a bit more to get it to dry out. Again, sorry for the lack of quantities, again, this made enough for two giant burgers and left some for a small neatloaf.
- Leftover stuffed pepper filling
- 1/2 pack tempeh, diced small
- can of garbanzo beans, drained
- Put leftover pepper filling, egg, tempeh and 1/2 can of garbanzos in food processor
- Pulse until combined but not completely smooth
- Add rest of garbanzos, pulse a few more times (I prefer it to be a bit more chunky. I suppose you could process it smooth but you will need A LOT of bread crumbs to hold it together.)
- Transfer to a bowl and add enough bread crumbs to hold the mixture together, I think I used about 1 1/2 cups
- Wet hands, form into two patties (I made mine oval to fit the shape of the rye bread)
- Put on greased baking sheet, bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, flip over when the bottom starts to brown.
- Put on rye bread with your choice of cheese.
- Drizzle bread with oil, cook in a pan until bread is crispy and cheese is melted.